Discovery Flights – $100 (+ tax)
A 30-minute flight with one of our instructors, and you’ll be at the controls for a big part of it! You’ll also receive a First Flight Certificate and starter logbook. Up to three passengers, depending on weight. Military & First Responders save $10.00.
(Longer flights available)
Book yours today by calling 316-733-4080
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Scholarship Recipient:
AFC Private Pilot Scholarship Award
Tony White, AFC owner (L), Roxana Linares (C), Instructor Jess Reynolds (R).
Roxana’s second lesson with CFI Jess Reynolds in N214LF, our Alarus CH2000.
AFC INSTRUCTORS & STAFF
33 Solos, 23 Licenses/Ratings
Private Pilot at AFC:
November 5, 2018
Instructor: Dan McCrillis
Examiner: Dale Bleakney (R)
What to Expect During Your
- As a Student Pilot, you'll work directly with one of Augusta Flight Center's (AFC) flight instructors. You'll learn aerodynamics, flight maneuvers, aircraft systems, FAA regulations and a lot more!
- A Home Study Course-available at AFC-is recommended to prepare you for the FAA Written Test. Your instructor's job is to prepare you for this test, as well as the Oral and Practical Tests (Checkride).
- FAA training requirements for the Private Pilot License are a minimum of 40 flight hours (20 with your instructor); as part of that you'll do night and instrument training, required flight maneuvers, towered airport landings and dual and solo cross country flights.
- Most training flights are scheduled in 2-hour blocks and include a pre-flight and post-flight briefing. For knowledge retention and cost effectiveness, it's recommended to schedule 2 to 3 flights a week.
- Nothing is required to begin training, however a Class III flight physical will be required before your first solo.
- AFC offers training for the following licenses, ratings and endorsements:
-Light Sport Pilot