AFC INSTRUCTORS & STAFF
Private Pilot at AFC:
November 5, 2018
Instructor: Dan McCrillis
Examiner: Dale Bleakney (R)
What to Expect During Your
- As a Student Pilot, you'll work directly with one of Augusta Flight Center's (AFC) flight instructors. You'll learn aerodynamics, flight maneuvers, aircraft systems, FAA regulations and a lot more!
- A Home Study Course-available at AFC-is recommended to prepare you for the FAA Written Test. Your instructor's job is to prepare you for this test, as well as the Oral and Practical Tests (Checkride).
- FAA training requirements for the Private Pilot License are a minimum of 40 flight hours (20 with your instructor); as part of that you'll do night and instrument training, required flight maneuvers, towered airport landings and dual and solo cross country flights.
- Most training flights are scheduled in 2-hour blocks and include a pre-flight and post-flight briefing. For knowledge retention and cost effectiveness, it's recommended to schedule 2 to 3 flights a week.
- Nothing is required to begin training, however a Class III flight physical will be required before your first solo.
- AFC offers training for the following licenses, ratings and endorsements:
-Light Sport Pilot