Augusta Flight Center is continuing our normal flight operations and office hours, and we want to sincerely thank both our students and renters for their continued business. We are taking the current health situation very seriously, and our staff regularly sanitizes our 12-aircraft fleet as well as all common areas, as per our COVID-19 Response Program available for review in the office. Our primary goal at AFC is, as always, to make your flying enjoyable and safe. Tony White-Owner, AFC.
Yes, We Offer Discovery Flights!
A 30-minute flight with one of our instructors, and you’ll be at the controls for most of it! You’ll also receive a First Flight Certificate and starter logbook. Up to three passengers, depending on weight.
In-flight photos are encouraged!
(Longer flights available)
Book yours today by calling 316-733-4080
or email us at email@example.com
AFC INSTRUCTORS & STAFF
11 Solos, 18 Licenses/Ratings and counting…
33 Solos, 23 Licenses/Ratings
Private Pilot at AFC:
November 5, 2018
Instructor: Dan McCrillis
Examiner: Dale Bleakney (R)
What to Expect During Your
- As a Student Pilot, you'll work directly with one of Augusta Flight Center's (AFC) flight instructors. You'll learn aerodynamics, flight maneuvers, aircraft systems, FAA regulations and a lot more!
- A Home Study Course-available at AFC-is recommended to prepare you for the FAA Written Test. Your instructor's job is to prepare you for this test, as well as the Oral and Practical Tests (Checkride).
- FAA training requirements for the Private Pilot License are a minimum of 40 flight hours (20 with your instructor); as part of that you'll do night and instrument training, required flight maneuvers, towered airport landings and dual and solo cross country flights.
- Most training flights are scheduled in 2-hour blocks and include a pre-flight and post-flight briefing. For knowledge retention and cost effectiveness, it's recommended to schedule 2 to 3 flights a week.
- Nothing is required to begin training, however a Class III flight physical will be required before your first solo.
- AFC offers training for the following licenses, ratings and endorsements:
-Light Sport Pilot